Skip to main content

7 weeks till 1st race

4/28/14 - 5/4/14

Swim - 2

Bike - 2
Run - 2
Strength Training - 2
Weight loss (weekly / year) - 0 lbs / 6.5 lbs
Mileage (weekly / 2014)
  Swim - 3500 yds / 34,800 yds  
  Bike - 53.5 miles / 584.98 miles
  Run - 8.86 miles / 186.51 miles

A friend reminded me this week that I have 7 weeks until my next race.  She asked me if I was ready and I said you bet.  I'm more confident than ever, so far.  I say that because often the week or 2 leading up to a race I fall apart and don't get all my workouts in but I need to stay on target with additional races to follow.  I'm confident that tomorrow I could do the Olympic distance. I want to beat my time from last year, which hopefully will be easy to do.  While my weight, currently, is slightly higher than it was last year for my race, I definitely feel more prepared physically and have been getting longer workouts in than I did last year.  

This was a good week, the only thing I have noticed is a a lot of soreness, mainly when I have been sitting for awhile and the get up, my legs, knees are tight and take a bit of walking to work out the kinks.  I'll work on trying to stretch a bit more and hopefully that will help.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making my own decisions

It's now been 6 weeks of steady exercise, including sticking to the routine while on travel to India.  My eating habits have wandered a bit but I know what I need to do. Recently I have decided that I'm going to live the life I want and not what everyone else wants.  All my life I have been ruled by someone else making decisions, telling me what to do or wanting to make the right decisions to please everyone else but not really doing what I want. I realized the 1st time I made a decision / choice for myself  was when I met my now husband and decided to marry him; 22 years later it still is the best decision I made.  He has always supported me; which is something that is unusual for me an it's taken me awhile to realize this.  I've always played life safe rather than risking and following my dreams/desires. Triathlon was my 2nd decision, by me and for me.  I have neglected those desires because of work pressures.  I realize that my current job wil...

Goals

I knew I was goal oriented but didn't know that meant I always had to be living by some sort of plan. Anyone reading sees that I have been off my game and have turned into a big slacker.  This has happened before.  I have lost weight in the past and come close to achieving my goal and then started slacking and end up right back where I started, or worse and then it's an uphill climb.  I'm not disciplined, yet, to live a healthy life without having some sort of goal and plan for achieving that goal. So I have established 2 goals for the remainder of the year: 1.  Get to my goal weight - I achieved my original goal weight but then set a new goal and sadly I have gone over my original goal weight.  So I have 20 lbs to lose! 2.  Figure out my 2014 triathlon schedule - I was so proud of myself for finally completing an Olympic distance triathlon and I have always said that I wanted to go for the further distances.  I have set a goal of December 1 to ...

Great progress this week

Week of 1/14/2012 - 1/20/2012 Swimming - 2 Biking - 0 Running - 3 Strength Training - 1 Weekly Weight loss - 4 lbs Total weight loss - 31.5 I still have a left over cough from the cold but I was able to get to the gym all 6 days that I had scheduled.  Based on my summary I need to work on a few things, especially biking and strength training.  I did my longest run today, 55 minutes.  I was able to run the entire time at 5 mph or higher.  I want to work on increasing my speed on the shorter runs as my end goal is to run 6 mp for long distances / times. I added another event to my calendar.  Lifetime Fitness is doing an indoor triathlon.  The event will be how far you go within the below times. • 10-minute swim in the lap pool (laps are tracked by volunteers) • 30-minute cycle in the cycle studio (distance measured by computer) • 20-minute run on a treadmill (distance measured by treadmill) Clearly a short event but something fun to do...